Re: pg_dump without explicit table locking

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump without explicit table locking
Дата
Re: pg_dump without explicit table locking  (Jürgen Strobel <juergen+pg@strobel.info>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> writes:
> On 3/17/14, 8:47 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (Note that this is only one of assorted O(N^2) behaviors in older versions
>> of pg_dump; we've gradually stamped them out over time.)

> On that note, it's recommended that when you are taking a backup to restore into a newer version of Postgres you
createthe dump using the NEWER version of pg_dump, not the old one.

Right.  IIRC, the OP said he *did* use a recent pg_dump ... but this
particular issue got fixed server-side, so the new pg_dump didn't help
against an 8.1 server :-(

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump without explicit table locking
От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump without explicit table locking