Re: gaussian distribution pgbench

От KONDO Mitsumasa
Тема Re: gaussian distribution pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2014/03/17 23:29), Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 4:50 AM, Mitsumasa KONDO
> <kondo.mitsumasa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> There are explanations and computations as comments in the code. If it is
>>> about the documentation, I'm not sure that a very precise mathematical
>>> definition will help a lot of people, and might rather hinder understanding,
>>> so the doc focuses on an intuitive explanation instead.
>>
>> Yeah, I think that we had better to only explain necessary infomation for
>> using this feature. If we add mathematical theory in docs, it will be too
>> difficult for user.  And it's waste.
>
> Well, if you *don't* include at least *some* mathematical description
> of what the feature does in the documentation, then users who need to
> understand it will have to read the source code to figure it out,
> which is going to be even more difficult.
I had fixed this problem. Please see the v12 patch. I think it doesn't includ
mathematical
description, but user will be able to understand intuitive from the explanation
of document.
Regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: KONDO Mitsumasa
Сообщение: Re: gaussian distribution pgbench
От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: inherit support for foreign tables