Re: Connect to PostgreSQL server from an ADSL connection

От Szabolcs Andrási
Тема Re: Connect to PostgreSQL server from an ADSL connection
Дата
Re: Connect to PostgreSQL server from an ADSL connection
Список pgsql-admin
> ssh -v -L 5432:localhost:5432 dbuser@your.dyndns.domaine
>
> Then connect to your database on localhost.

Hi Tony,

Thank you very much for your answer. Sorry to bother you again with
the same question but unfortunately it is still not clear to me how to
configure the PostgreSQL server. Could you please be more specific and
detailed? Let me write an exact situation to make the answer easier:

- PostgreSQL is newly installed, so now everything is set to default values.
- The PostgreSQL server is runing on a computer with a domain name for
example "my.pgserver.com" and listening on port 5432.
- There is another remote computer with ADSL connection to Internet
and it is registered to dyndns.org with a name for example
"my.dyndns.domain".
- A client application is running on this remote computer. This
application would like to connect to the PostgreSQL server on
"my.pgserver.com" and fetch some data from a table.

The documentation says about the "listen_addresses" configuration
parameter in the postgresql.conf file, that to accept TCP/IP
connections its value must be '*' or at least its value must contain
the host names on which the server is listening for connections from
client applications. So I guess I should add "my.dyndns.domain" to it
to accept TCP/IP connection from that remote computer.
But I don't know if am I right? How should I configure the pg_hba.conf
file? What else should I do? Or just explain more detailed (through
the example above) that SSH connection please...
Could you please help me?

Thank you in advance again...
Best regars,
Szabolcs

Сообщение: Re: Connect to PostgreSQL server from an ADSL connection
Сообщение: Re: Connect to PostgreSQL server from an ADSL connection