Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/58896/restore-postgres-data-tablespace-to-new-tablespace-at-new-mount-point/58967?noredirect=1#58967

> Perhaps there's a postgres internals expert around, someone intimitely
> familiar with pg_xlog/pg_clog/pg_control, who can comment on whether
> it's possible to take the on-disk files from a single database in a
> single tablespace, and make them usable by a different postgres
> server, running multiple databases?

Craig's answer covers all the bases, quite accurately.    Because you
don't like it, you think someone else is going to give you some magic to
make all that go away?

Сообщение: Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?
Сообщение: Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?