Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?

От Antman, Jason (CMG-Atlanta)
Тема Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?
Дата
Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?  (Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
I also asked this question on dba.stackexchange.com, where it received a very detailed enumeration of the associated problems from Craig Ringer:
http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/58896/restore-postgres-data-tablespace-to-new-tablespace-at-new-mount-point/58967?noredirect=1#58967

Perhaps there's a postgres internals expert around, someone intimitely familiar with pg_xlog/pg_clog/pg_control, who can comment on whether it's possible to take the on-disk files from a single database in a single tablespace, and make them usable by a different postgres server, running multiple databases?

Thanks,
Jason