Re: Time for a new release?

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Time for a new release?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Here's a patch to the pgjdbc-www project to add to the changelog. I
generated it with:

git log REL9_3_1100..origin/REL9_3_STABLE

It includes all commits, including merge commits and things that don't
really apply to 9.3 stable (opened HEAD for 9.4 development). I don't
think that actually makes much sense, but that seems to be the way the
changelog for other versions have also been generated, and now is not
the time to come up with new processes, as we're trying to get the
release out.

In the future, I think we should write separate release notes, and not
bother publishing the commit log on the website. The commit log is
pretty much unreadable to anyone who's not intimately familiar with both
pgjdbc and the way git merges work. A link to github will do if someone
wants to look at the commit history. But a separately written release
notes, much like the PostgreSQL server project does, would be very
useful. Yes, it requires some effort to write them, but there aren't
that many fixes and features in a pgjdbc release, so it's not too bad.
Oops, I think I just volunteered :-).

- Heikki

Вложения