Re: Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)
Дата
Ответ на Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Ответы Re: Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/3/14, 8:48 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> That's a very fair question.  It's a reasonable bet that pretty much
> nobody actually looks at the text versions of either HISTORY or
> regress_README anymore.  It's conceivable that somebody somewhere makes
> use of the text version of INSTALL when trying to get PG going on some
> bare-bones platform ... but really, can't they look it up on the net?
> How'd they get the PG sources they're installing, anyway?

I think having an INSTALL file is good form, and it costs us little to
maintain it.

The other files could be removed, IMO.