Re: Connection problems - local IP address refused!

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Connection problems - local IP address refused!
Дата
Re: Connection problems - local IP address refused!  (Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 02/05/2014 08:53 AM, Edson Richter wrote:
> Em 05/02/2014 13:03, Adrian Klaver escreveu:

>>> Sure! On the exatcly same server:
>>>
>>> [root@mylocalserver logs]# psql -h 10.68.73.6 -d master -U master
>>> Senha para usuário master:
>>> psql (9.2.6)
>>> Digite "help" para ajuda.
>>
>> The error message:
>>
>>  Detail: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "10.68.73.6", user
>> "master", database "master", SSL off
>>
>> indicates your JDBC connection is not connecting to a database with
>> the pg_hba.conf you think it is.
>>
>> What are the connection parameters for the JDBC connection?
>>
>> So where is the database running?
>>
>> What interface is it listening on?
>>
>> I know it has been asked, but is there another Postgres instance running?
>>

> Well, there is only one PostgreSQL database running in this machine. It
> has three interfaces:
>
> lo (127.0.0.1)
> eth0 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
> tun0 (10.68.73.6)
>
> PostgreSQL is configured to listen_adrress =  '*'
> Firewall allows evertyhing from lo and tun0.
> AFAIK (please correct me if I'm wrong) JDBC knows nothing about
> pg_hba.conf; this error message comes from PostgresSQL, don't?
> I can connect in the very same machine using psql. It is really weird
> problem.

Your JDBC connection does not 'know' about pg_hba.conf but it is
triggering the error and capturing the exception:

2014-02-05 09:12:21.111 - xxxxx - org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:
ERROR: could not establish connection

It would seem something about the JDBC connection is incorrect. This is
why I asked for the connection parameters in the JDBC connection. For
some reason it is not connecting in the same manner as psql. The chore
now is to find out why?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com