Re: concurrent transactions inside the same connection

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: concurrent transactions inside the same connection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have included below a fragment of a discussion from the freepascal
mailing
> list.  Apparently, some folks expect to be able to start multiple
transactions
[...]
> inside the *same* database connection.
>
> My feeling is that this is a false problem, caused by some
interbase/firebird
> or delphi habits .   But ... the poster claims that Oracle and
SqlServer
> have such a feature   ( Oracle has 'named' transactions - but these
> names seem to be just labels )  - is this true ?

I can only speak for Oracle:

Transaction names are just labels, that is correct.
There is, however, something called an 'autonomous transaction' in
PL/SQL
stored procedures and triggers. A stored procedure can start a new
transaction,
independent from the current context.
Once you return from the stored procedure, the old transaction is
resumed.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe