Re: inherit support for foreign tables

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Дата
Re: inherit support for foreign tables  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Hanada-san,

While still reviwing this patch, I feel this patch has given enough
consideration to interactions with other commands, but found the
following incorrect? behabior:

postgres=# CREATE TABLE product (id INTEGER, description TEXT);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# CREATE FOREIGN TABLE product1 () INHERITS (product) SERVER fs
OPTIONS (filename '/home/foo/product1.csv', format 'csv');
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE
postgres=# ALTER TABLE product ALTER COLUMN description SET STORAGE
EXTERNAL;
ERROR:  "product1" is not a table or materialized view

ISTN the ALTER TABLE simple recursion mechanism (ie ATSimpleRecursion())
should be modified for the ALTER COLUMN SET STORAGE case.

I just wanted to quickly tell you this for you to take time to consider.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita