Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/17/14 11:26 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> After some thinking I don't think so this design is not good. It  changing
> a working with exception (error) levels - and it is not consistent with
> other PostgreSQL parts.
>
> A benefit is less than not clean configuration. Better to solve similar
> issues via specialized plpgsql extensions or try to help me push
> plpgsql_check_function to core. It can be a best holder for this and
> similar checks.

I see these as being two are different things.  There *is* a need for a
full-blown static analyzer for PL/PgSQL, but I don't think it needs to
be in core.  However, there seems to be a number of pitfalls we could
warn the user about with little effort in core, and I think those are
worth doing.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja