Re: How to know server status variable in postgresql?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: How to know server status variable in postgresql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/7/2014 4:33 AM, ambilalmca wrote:
> Hai, I am developing a java application for performance counter. For that i
> want to collect all server status counter names with current value. i just
> did it for MySQl by, *"SHOW GLOBAL STATUS"*. is their any query similar this
> to collect those details from the database. I am new to postgresql, so i
> dont know about it well. So if you know help me friends.

there's no such single source for 'all server status counters'. there's
a whole pile of different pg_catalog.pg_stat_*** tables with different
sorts of information, for each database.

the best script I've seen for pulling monitoring data out of postgres is
check_postgres from the Bucardo folks, this is designed to work with a
Nagios/Cacti type monitoring system.... its actually a perl script, you
run it repeatedly giving it specific things you want to look at (for
instance, size and name of largest tables, or total database size, or
number of active connections, etcetcetc).