Re: duplicate OID issue when using pg_upgrade to move from 8.4 to 9.2

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: duplicate OID issue when using pg_upgrade to move from 8.4 to 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/01/2014 12:45 PM, Reiser, John J. wrote:

> On 1/1/14, 3:37 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>

>> Could you look at the text surrounding these places to determine which
>> types this OID is being selected for?  Each of these calls should be just
>> preceding a CREATE TYPE command (with maybe a set_next_array_pg_type_oid
>> call between) that is supposed to use the specified OID for its type.
>> Also identify which databases the commands are being issued in, by looking
>> back for the most recent \connect command.
>>
>> Also, is there any CREATE TYPE for st_envelope preceding the failing
>> CREATE FUNCTION command (in the same database)?
>>
>>             regards, tom lane
>
> Tom,
>
> Thanks for the info. After searching the output for the connection string,
> I found that it's failing on a database that can be archived. I think I'll
> get what I need from the database, drop it, then perform the upgrade.

Well I think Tom was looking for that information to not only solve your
issue but also to determine whether this is a bug that needs to be
fixed. So providing that information would help the greater cause if it
is something you can do.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com