Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/9/13 5:56 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> writes:
>> Arguably 1-3 are inaccurate since they're not really about a backend dying... they occur during the startup phase;
younever even get a functioning backend. That's a marked difference from other uses of FATAL.

> How so?  "FATAL" means "an error that terminates your session", which
> is exactly what these are.

Except in these cases the user never actually got a working session; their request was denied.

To be clear, from the client standpoint it's certainly fatal, but not from the server's point of view. This is fully
expectedbehavior as far as the server is concerned. (Obviously it might be an error that caused the shutdown/recovery,
butthat's something different.)

--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net

Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good
Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good