Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [RFC] Shouldn't we remove annoying FATAL messages from server log?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/5/13, 10:25 AM, MauMau wrote:
> Report these as FATAL to the client because the client wants to know the
> reason.  But don't output them to server log because they are not
> necessary for DBAs

Yeah, this is part of a more general problem, which you have
characterized correctly: What is fatal (or error, or warning, ...) to
the client isn't necessarily fatal (or error, or warning, ...) to the
server or DBA.  Fixing this would need a larger enhancement of the
logging infrastructure.  It's been discussed before, but it's a bit of work.