Re: Backup of database

От AJ Weber
Тема Re: Backup of database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 11/26/2013 11:56 AM, Scott Ribe wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2013, at 9:28 AM, joka veera Venkataramana<ramanajvv@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I know all my questions are basic, why we are asking here is  previously we were in DB2 now we moved our database to
Postgre(Its new for us). Please help us.
> <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/backup.html>
>
> Personally, for daily backups, I like pg_dumpall | bzip2.
If you're using some kind of rsync or rsnapshot to help with backups,
check-out "gzip --rsyncable".  It purports to keep the compressed
archive in a better format for rsync-type (changed-block-only)
transfers, at the expense of not using the most advanced algorithm.

I have a script that dumps my db to a local gz file, and alternates
naming it with a .0 or .1 so I always have the last two backups (and
then those backup/archive files are rsync'ed to another machine).

-AJ