Re: Question

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> I am very new to PostgreSQL.  Is it appropriate to pose questions to this
> email list?
> I am trying to come up with a query that will list the names of the database
> indexes that
>
> Have been chosen as clustering indexes.  I know I can get the INDEXRELID
> from PG.INDEX
>
> But have yet to figure out how to get the index name from there.  Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> And, if this is not an appropriate forum to ask questions please tell me.

I assume this is an appropiate list for this question.  I am sure that pg_general would have
worked also.  With-out knowing the postgresql pg_* schema very well I can be difficult to
determine queries that will give your this sort of information.  In my case I like to cheat.

1) I turn on statement logging.
2) I issue a commands like \d from psql interface
3) Then, I look at the pg_logs to see what sql statement was actually created from "\d"

In your case I would first determine which psql function will give you the information you want
and this use it to give you the query you need.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.