AW: PG_Base Backup take 8 to 9Hrs

От Dischner, Anton
Тема AW: PG_Base Backup take 8 to 9Hrs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Von: Avihai Shoham <avihai.shoham@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2022 18:08
An: MichaelDBA <MichaelDBA@sqlexec.com>
Cc: Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com>; Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@gmail.com>; pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org
Betreff: Re: PG_Base Backup take 8 to 9Hrs

Hi All ,

lately i'm getting  this error when open base.tar.

Any idea why pg_basebackup created bad tar file? and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Avihai

tar xOf base.tar > /dev/null

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

tar: rmtlseek not stopped at a record boundary

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 5:16 PM MichaelDBA <MichaelDBA@sqlexec.com> wrote:

Just keep in mind that logical dumps and loads do not support Point In
Time Recovery (PITR).

Wells Oliver wrote on 2/10/2022 9:36 AM:
> Can you just try good ole pg_dump with --format=directory and --jobs=X
> where X is some decent number, e.g. 16? We just packed up a 700GB DB
> using 16 jobs and it took maybe 80 minutes.

Hi Avihai

try

--ignore-failed-read

and or