Re: Prepared statements generating a lot of temp files.

От Michaeldba@sqlexec.com
Тема Re: Prepared statements generating a lot of temp files.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Look at the size of the bind variables and also whether you are doing bulk inserts

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 23, 2023, at 5:10 AM, Karthik Krishnakumar <karthikk@zohocorp.com> wrote:

Hi admins,

I am analyzing temp files being generated using pg_badger.
Under "queries generating the most temporary files", I am finding insert/update queries (via prepared statements) writing a lot of data to temp files.
I am trying to figure why inserts are generating such temp files.
Why are inserts/updates generating temp files?
what can be done to avoid this ?

thanks,
karthik