Re: dump from 8.x restore to 7.3.x

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: dump from 8.x restore to 7.3.x
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jim Nasby <decibel@decibel.org> writes:
> On the other hand, dumping a newer version database with an older
> version of *pg_dump* is much more likely to succeed.

You meant to say that the other way around, no?  Certainly for a jump
this big I'd rather expect the older pg_dump to fail altogether.
[ experiments a bit... ]  Both 7.3 and 7.4 pg_dump fail to talk to an
8.1 server; they expect pg_database.datpath to exist.  8.0 pg_dump
seems to do OK with 8.1 ... has some problems with 8.2 though.