Re: NC Triangle PUG mailing list

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: NC Triangle PUG mailing list
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 09/30/2013 12:45 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> I gather that the approved way to get a community-hosted mailing
>> list for a PUG is to apply via the -www list. I have set this group
>> up in meetup.com
>> <http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Postgres-Users-Group>, and would
>> like a mailing list please.
> Can you suggest a name for the postgresql.org mailing list, and an email
> address for the owner?  Please navigate to
> http://www.postgresql.org/list/ for existing PUG names -- what's printed
> is a description, the actual names are the last part of the URLs.
> "triangle-nc-pug" would be a name, I assume the description would be
> "Triangle, NC, US".
>
> I notice that the community/user-groups/ page lists the Triangle as
> Raleigh-Durham.  Personally I have never seen a triangle with only two
> vertices.  Maybe that's how the imperial unit system defines triangles?
> (I only joke about this because my favorite online radio station
> broadcasts from Chapel Hill, but hey, I've never been to NC anyway).

Chapel Hill is in fact the third vertex of the Triangle. I also listen
to a station out of Chapel Hill (WCPE), both online and in my car ;-)

Pretty much everyone who matters (i.e. people in this area) knows what
"the Triangle" refers to. The local Linux UG is called TriLug, similarly
for the local Ruby Users Group, and so on.

I guess your specs would be consistent with the other lists that are
there. I can certainly live with what you suggest.

Thanks for your help on this.

cheers

andrew

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: