Re: Start-up script for Solaris

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Start-up script for Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Aug 8, 2006, at 7:19 AM, mcelroy, tim wrote:
> Thank you Thomas.  I've tried it but get a few syntax errors.  I
> have postgresql 8.0.1 installed and have moved it to /var/lib/pgsql
> to mimic Linux so I need to edit the file some more.  I'll let you
> know how it works.
You need to upgrade. You're exposing yourself to at least one data
corruption bug and a security hole. You can go to 8.0.8 without a
dump and restore (though if you have the time it'll be worth it going
to 8.1.4).

As for startup, see if you can find someone running Solaris 10 and
grab the startup out of there (I'm assuming 9 and 10 use the same
system startup scripts...). If Sun has a web interface to their
repository, you could probably just grab that one script, too.

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: File system backup question
От: Andrzej B.J.Schulz
Сообщение: unsubscribe