Re: wrong database name in error message?

От Rural Hunter
Тема Re: wrong database name in error message?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
于 2013/9/16 1:31, Kevin Grittner 写道:
> There's your problem.  You left so little space between when
> autovacuum would kick in for wraparound prevention (2 billion
> transactions) and when the server prevents new transactions in
> order to protect your data (2 ^ 31 - 1000000 transactions) that
> autovacuum didn't have enough time to complete its effort to do so.
>
> Changing a setting to ten times its default value is something
> which should always be approached with caution.  In this case you
> changed the threshold for starting the work to prevent data loss
> from a little under 10% of the distance to the disastrous condition
> to a little under 100% of that distance.
>
> You could play with non-standard setting for these, but if you go
> anywhere near this extreme you risk downtime like you have just
> experienced.  Personally, I have never had a reason to change these
> from the defaults.
OK, thanks for pointing out the problem. This was changed quite long
time ago when I saw too frequent auto vacuums to prevent the wrap-around
on a very busy/large table which slow down the performance. I will
change it back to the default to see how it works.

> To ensure that autovacuum can keep up with the activity on a
> machine like this, I have generally gone to something like:
>
> autovacuum_cost_limit = 800
>
> If you have more than a couple large tables which take long enough
> to scan to prevent small, frequently-updated tables from getting
> attention soon enough, you might want to boost
> autovacuum_max_workers, too.

I will try the parameters as you suggested too.

So you guys still think the problem is on db1(that's my main db) as the
error message stated? Just auto-vacuum on db1 kicked off somehow and
fixed the problem when I was running vacuum on other dbs?

От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: wrong database name in error message?
От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: wrong database name in error message?