Re: wrong database name in error message?

От Rural Hunter
Тема Re: wrong database name in error message?
Дата
Re: wrong database name in error message?  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
于 2013/9/15 1:06, Kevin Grittner 写道:
> Rural Hunter <ruralhunter@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Why in the world would you want to use VACUUM FULL in this circumstance?
> the db name in the error message wrong?
I just googled around and found the solution. What's the other option?
> There are two possibilities -- either you had a long-running
> transaction in the cluster or your autovacuum is not configured to
> be aggressive enough to keep you out of trouble.
I checked the running transactions before I stopped the instance. There
was no long running transaction exception one auto-vacuum running for
about 1 hour.

> We would need a description of the machine (cores, RAM, storage
> system) and the output of these queries to be able to make good
> suggestions on tuning autovacuum:
>
> SELECT version();
> SELECT name, current_setting(name), source
>    FROM pg_settings
>    WHERE source NOT IN ('default', 'override');
I'm on Ubuntu 12.04.1 64bit with 32 cores and 377G memory. The data is
stored on several rai10 SAS 15k disks.

postgres=# SELECT version();
version
  PostgreSQL 9.2.4 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC)
4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-52), 64-bit
(1 row)
postgres=# SELECT name, current_setting(name), source
postgres-#   FROM pg_settings
postgres-#   WHERE source NOT IN ('default', 'override');
             name             |
current_setting                                   | source

-----------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------
  application_name            | psql.bin | client
  archive_command             | test ! -f /dbbk/postgres/logarch/%f.gz
&& gzip -c %p >/dbbk/postgres/logarch/%f.gz | configuration file
  archive_mode                | on | configuration file
  autovacuum                  | on | configuration file
  autovacuum_freeze_max_age   | 2000000000 | configuration file
  checkpoint_segments         | 20 | configuration file
  client_encoding             | UTF8 | client
  DateStyle                   | ISO, YMD | configuration file
  default_text_search_config  | chinesecfg | configuration file
  effective_cache_size        | 100GB | configuration file
  full_page_writes            | off | configuration file
  lc_messages                 | zh_CN.utf8 | configuration file
  lc_monetary                 | zh_CN.utf8 | configuration file
  lc_numeric                  | zh_CN.utf8 | configuration file
  lc_time                     | zh_CN.utf8 | configuration file
  listen_addresses            | * | configuration file
  log_autovacuum_min_duration | 30min | configuration file
  log_destination             | stderr | configuration file
  log_line_prefix             | %t [%p]: [%l-1]
user=%u,db=%d,host=%h                                              |
configuration file
  log_min_duration_statement  | 10s | configuration file
  log_statement               | ddl | configuration file
  log_timezone                | PRC | configuration file
  logging_collector           | on | configuration file
  maintenance_work_mem        | 20GB | configuration file
  max_connections             | 2500 | configuration file
  max_stack_depth             | 2MB | environment variable
  max_wal_senders             | 1 | configuration file
  port                        | 3500 | configuration file
  shared_buffers              | 16GB | configuration file
  synchronous_commit          | off | configuration file
  TimeZone                    | PRC | configuration file
  track_activities            | on | configuration file
  track_counts                | on | configuration file
  vacuum_freeze_table_age     | 1000000000 | configuration file
  wal_buffers                 | 16MB | configuration file
  wal_level                   | hot_standby | configuration file
  work_mem                    | 8MB | configuration file
(37 rows)

От: Jorge Torralba
Сообщение: Re: Too many WAL archive files
От: bricklen
Сообщение: Re: wrong database name in error message?