Re: psql: add \si, \sm, \st and \sr functions to show CREATE commands for indexes, matviews, triggers and tables

От Anna Akenteva
Тема Re: psql: add \si, \sm, \st and \sr functions to show CREATE commands for indexes, matviews, triggers and tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-07-28 20:46, a.pervushina@postgrespro.ru wrote:
> I've attached a patch that implements \si, \sm, \st and \sr functions
> that show the CREATE command for indexes, matviews, triggers and
> tables. The functions are implemented similarly to the existing sf/sv
> functions with some modifications.

To me these functions seem useful.
As for adding them to server side, I don't see a big need for it. It
feels more logical to follow the already eatablished pattern for the
\s[...] commands.

About the patch:

1) There is some code duplication for the exec_command_[sm|si|st|sr]
functions. Plus, it seems weird to separate sm (show matview) from sv
(show view). Perhaps it would be more convenient to combine some of the
code? Maybe by editing the already-existing exec_command_sf_sv()
function.

2) Seeing how \s and \e functions were added together, I'm wondering -
should there be \e functions too for any objects affected by this patch?

--
Anna Akenteva
The Russian Postgres Company