Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Is it necessary to rewrite table while increasing the scale of datatype numeric?

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Is it necessary to rewrite table while increasing the scale of datatype numeric?
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Is it necessary to rewrite table while increasing the scale of datatype numeric?  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Is it necessary to rewrite table while increasing the scale of datatype numeric?  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/06/2013 07:57 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
>> But I wonder if we could just declare that that's not what the scale typmod
>> does. That it's just a maximum scale but it's perfectly valid for NUMERIC
>> data with lower scales to be stored in a column than the typmod says. In a
>> way the current behaviour is like bpchar but it would be nice if it was more
>> like varchar
> Sure, but the point is that 5.0000 is not the same as 5.000 today.  If
> you start whacking this around you'll be changing that behavior, I
> think.

So we already get it wrong by rewriting ?

--
Hannu Krosing
PostgreSQL Consultant

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: regression tests
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Is it necessary to rewrite table while increasing the scale of datatype numeric?