Re: to_timestamp error between postgres version 8.3 and 9.2

От françois Figarola
Тема Re: to_timestamp error between postgres version 8.3 and 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I think it's only a syntax problem :

to_timestamp('null','yyyy-MM-ddhh24:mi:ss')::TIMESTAMP

In this form your 'null' parameter is a text which dont match for your
definition, so the function is waiting for an integer representing the
year and fails.

But if you write :

to_timestamp(null,'yyyy-MM-ddhh24:mi:ss')::TIMESTAMP

the function return a NULL value.

Hope it helps.