Deadlocks

От Gena Gurchonok
Тема Deadlocks
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello.

It seems to me that I discovered strange PSQL behaviour

I have table logs:
-------------
CREATE TABLE "logs" (
        "id" int4 NOT NULL,
        "type" int4 NOT NULL,
        "dt" timestamp NOT NULL,
        "addr" character varying(20)
);
-------------
with indexes:
-------------
CREATE  INDEX "logs_id_key" on "logs" using hash ( "id" "int4_ops" );
CREATE  INDEX "logs_type_key" on "logs" using hash ( "type" "int4_ops" );
CREATE  INDEX "logs_dt_key" on "logs" using hash ( "dt" "timestamp_ops" );

Each HTTP request in my site inserts one row to this table.

PROBLEM:
Sometimes it writes error message
"NOTICE:  Deadlock detected -- See the lock(l) manual page for a possible cause."
and row of course is not inserted.

If I drop all indices on this table then such notice is not appearing.
But I need indices on this table.

I have tried this on 7.0.3 and CVS versions.

Gena