Re: Pgsql 7.3/7.4/8.0 on IA64 HP-UX 11i?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Pgsql 7.3/7.4/8.0 on IA64 HP-UX 11i?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> Is gcc supposed to work for 7.3.4 on IA64 HP-UX 11.23 as well?

No, 7.4 is our first release that has any idea that HPUX can run on any
hardware but HPPA.  If you're desperate you could try backporting this
7.4 fix:

    * configure, configure.in, src/backend/port/hpux/tas.c.template,
    src/backend/port/tas/hpux.s, src/backend/port/tas/hpux_hppa.s,
    src/include/port/hpux.h, src/include/storage/s_lock.h: Since HPUX
    now exists for Itanium, we should decouple the assumption that
    OS=hpux is the same as CPU=hppa.  First steps at doing this.  With
    these patches, we still work on hppa with either gcc or HP's cc.
    We might work on hpux/itanium with gcc, but I can't test it.
    Definitely will not work on hpux/itanium with non-gcc compiler, for
    lack of spinlock code.