Re: apple uses Postgres for RemoteDesktop 2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: apple uses Postgres for RemoteDesktop 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Teran <david.teran@cluster9.com> writes:
> maybe anyone already knows that Apple is distributing Postgres 7.3.3
> with RemoteDesktop 2. Its located in
> /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/rmdb.bundle/

> BUT... they did not do a good job: -their- installation is using the
> default port which means: either -their- version works or the one that
> the server owner maybe installed on the same server. In our case
> neither our Postgres nor the one from RemoteDesktop 2 did start up
> because of file conflicts.

> If anyone from the Postgres (or from whereever) team is in contact with
> apple about RemoteDesktop and Postgres it would be great it they could
> ask apple to change their port, its unbelievable that they did not care
> about this problem.

Yikes.  They need to get off of that badly broken PG version, too :-(
7.3.3 was about the worst choice they could have made in the past
several years ...

Сообщение: Re: Pgsql 7.3/7.4/8.0 on IA64 HP-UX 11i?
Сообщение: Re: Pgsql 7.3/7.4/8.0 on IA64 HP-UX 11i?