Re: Automatically updating a new information column in PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Automatically updating a new information column in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Pepe TD Vo <pepevo@yahoo.com> writes:
> good morning experts,I have a trigger before insert (even with or update) and seem it doesnt' work.  The function
simplysets both columns named mig_filename to "unknown if its null, and mig_insert_dt to current timestample for each
rowpassed to the trigger.
> here is my script even I take all the rest out and just simple function with new.mig_insert_dt := localtimestamp;

It looks like the RETURN NEW is inside the exception handler recovery
block, which is not where you want it.  When I run this example I get

ERROR:  control reached end of trigger procedure without RETURN
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "ECISDRDM"."TRIGGER_FCT_TR_STG_APPLICATION_CDIM_INS"()

So there is something seriously wrong with however you are testing
this, if you failed to notice that.

От: Pepe TD Vo
Сообщение: Automatically updating a new information column in PostgreSQL
От: Daniel Malungu
Сообщение: Installing repmgr in centos 7 from source