Re: postgres crashes on insert in 40 different threads

От Frank Lanitz
Тема Re: postgres crashes on insert in 40 different threads
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 19.08.2013 10:07, schrieb Dzmitry:
> I am doing a lot of writes to DB in 40 different threads – so every
> thread check if record exists – if not => insert record, if exists =>
> update record.
> During this update, my disk IO almost always – 100% and sometimes it
> crash my DB with following message:

Is this really needed to have so many threads and chances for race
conditions?

Beside the mention RAM thing you box might have to low IO capacities for
this kind of trnasactions. What is the load and in detail the iowait saying?

Cheers,
Frank

Сообщение: Re: postgres crashes on insert in 40 different threads
Сообщение: Re: postgres crashes on insert in 40 different threads