Re: PostgreSQL inheritance vs https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Don%27t_Do_This

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: PostgreSQL inheritance vs https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Don%27t_Do_This
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2023-10-23 at 19:49 +0300, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > But there are valid use-cases where you
> > actually do want more columns in the child tables than the parent.
>
> also data departmentalization, consolidation, multi-tenancy are fine use
> cases (same # and types of columns), you can't have writable VIEWs with
> UNION, for me inheritance is a fantastic feature that I use with success
> for some very important projects.

Yes, there are valid and interesting use cases, although you have to
search for them.  I am sure it can make an interesting talk.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL inheritance vs https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Don%27t_Do_This
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Passing enum Parameters to User-defined C-Language Functions