Re: Presenting data in 5 Rows & 5 Cols for 25 specific values

От Rob Sargentg
Тема Re: Presenting data in 5 Rows & 5 Cols for 25 specific values
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 08/03/2013 07:26 AM, F Bax wrote:
> I have a table containing tasks completed in a game I'm playing.  The
> game includes an extra BINGO Challenge where each cell of standard
> BINGO card contains a particular task to be completed.  The goal is
> score a BINGO (row, column, diagonal) by completing five (or more)
> tasks from the BINGO cards.  My task table contains more tasks
> completed than the one included in the BINGO challenge.
>
> SELECT task, CASE WHEN task='Task27' THEN 'R1C1' WHEN task='Task32'
> THEN 'R1C2' ... WHEN task='Task94' THEN 'R5C5' END AS bingo FROM tasks
> WHERE bingo IS NOT NULL;
>
> This query will retrieve all tasks related to the BINGO that I have
> completed and present them in a simple list.  I would like to arrange
> the tasks as a BINGO card; so that I can easily see my progress on
> various rows & columns working toward a BINGO.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> BONUS points will be awarded if the query displays a row with 5 NULL
> values if no tasks are completed in that row.
 I haven't noticed any posting showing your exact table definition, but
here's more still running on my assumptions and short-cuts.  Of course
this would all be trivial if the data were sucked into any reasonable
language adn delt with there for shipment to the UI.

Adding this list of accomplished tasks (the first diagonal)

insert into bingo values
('bingo','rjs','task0',0, 0),
('bingo','rjs','task6',1, 1),
('bingo','rjs','task12',2, 2),
('bingo','rjs','task18',3, 3),
('bingo','rjs','task24',4, 4)
;

\pset null 'not done'-- you'll probably need to use outer joins and to
coalesce null values.

select r,c,
(select task from bingo i where c = 0 and username = 'rjs'
and i.task = b.task and mod(r,5) = 0) as "B",
(select task from bingo i where c = 1 and username = 'rjs'
and i.task = b.task and mod(r,5) = 1) as "I",
(select task from bingo i where c = 2 and username = 'rjs'
and i.task = b.task and mod(r,5) = 2) as "N",
(select task from bingo i where c = 3 and username = 'rjs'
and i.task = b.task and mod(r,5) = 3) as "G",
(select task from bingo i where c = 4 and username = 'rjs'
and i.task = b.task and mod(r,5) = 4) as "O"
from bingo b
where username = 'rjs'
;

r  | c |    B     |    I     |    N     |    G     | O
done1 | 1 | not done | task6    | not done | not done | not done 2 | 2 | not done | not done | task12   | not done |
notdone 3 | 3 | not done | not done | not done | task18   | not done 4 | 4 | not done | not done | not done | not done
|task24

(5 rows)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Rob Sargentg
Сообщение: Re: Presenting data in 5 Rows & 5 Cols for 25 specific values
От: "Victor Sterpu"
Сообщение: function array_to_string(text[]) does not exist