Re: really novice with Postgres !

От Jean MAURICE
Тема Re: really novice with Postgres !
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Thanks Kevin, I'll have a look at it ...

but now, I want do 'upgrade' datas from VFP to Postgres 'step by step' and
'automatically'. I have a customer (1200 workers) who have this huge VFP app
(roads, homes, ... building from price calculation to 'work management' (hope
you understand)). This app was build in 1996. For a year, I am improving it
within VFP. He has a new 'computer scientist' who is a fan of Postgres and I
agree with him to upgrade datas to posgres. But it's a long way to go ...

For me, it's the first time I do such an upgrade but it is not the last one. I
mean : VFP client + Postgres database is a very efficient 'couple' and customers
have 'relief' when they know that datas are not in VFP !

Best Regards

--
Jean MAURICE
Grenoble - France - Europe

Le 02/08/2013 16:05, Kevin Salisbury a écrit :
> Jean,
>
> Have you tried pgdbf?
>
> http://pgdbf.sourceforge.net/
>
> I'm not sure you can do it easily from *within* VFP, but I know you can do it from the DBF itself and python using
pgdbfon Linux. pgdbf works very nicely with VFP 9 tables and postgres 9.x - it creates postgres tables based on your
DBFwith postgres index(es) as needed too. The creator is responsive to  questions. Please note that the python code is
movingoff sourceforge and onto git (which is noted on the main website as well); https://github.com/kstrauser/pgdbf

От: "Kevin Salisbury"
Сообщение: Re: really novice with Postgres !
От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: really novice with Postgres !