Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Дата
Ответ на Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Ответы Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit,

> I had already sent the updated patch based on recent suggestions.

Yes, but there is no consensus yet on certain fundamental issues, such as:

1. what directory should postgresql.auto.conf live in?

2. should admins be able to turn it "off"?

Once we have consensus on these issues, then hopefully we can commit
your patch.  I don't *think* anyone is arguing with the code at this stage.

Note that I count the name of the file as something on which we *have*
consensus.  While I personally don't like the name, I like arguing about
names even less.  We had a vote, let's stick with what we have.

> I am really not sure if something is pending from myside,
> so bit confused by the status of patch as Waiting On Author?

It's our policy that patches which are under spec discussion are marked
"waiting on author".

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.