Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Дата
Ответ на Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Ответы Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus escribió:
> Amit,
>
> > I had already sent the updated patch based on recent suggestions.
>
> Yes, but there is no consensus yet on certain fundamental issues, such as:
>
> 1. what directory should postgresql.auto.conf live in?
>
> 2. should admins be able to turn it "off"?
>
> Once we have consensus on these issues, then hopefully we can commit
> your patch.  I don't *think* anyone is arguing with the code at this stage.

There's one other thing, raised by Cédric upthread, about the multiple
files vs. single file.  We decided on a single file because Greg said
many little files scattered in conf.d/ would be a mess; but if we're
going to have two new items, one conf.d/ for snippets from external
tools (living in the config directory) and one for ALTER SYSTEM (living
in PGDATA), then the idea of going back to one setting per file is
perhaps not bad.

Сообщение: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])