Re: SQL for multimedia retrieval

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: SQL for multimedia retrieval
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/27/2013 10:28 AM, Olivier Austina wrote:
> Hi John
>
> It doesn't matter where the file is stored. I want to know if I can do
> some processing like find similar photos or how many a given word
> appear in the multimedia content ( e.g. an audio or video) using a
> query language such as SQL.

SQL does neither image nor speech recognition, which would be required
to do what you're describing.

identifying similar images is a unsolved problem in computer science.
natural speech recognition is still very rough, unless the speaker is
speaking slowly and clearly and has trained the recognition system.

now, postgresql DOES have full text search, and if you could run your
audio/video files through some sort of speech-to-text algorithm, and
store the plaintext, you could search that.