Re: Website Redo Kick Off

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Website Redo Kick Off
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 10.07.2013 18:54, dmp wrote:
> It has been for sometime the desire to redo the website. The main goals
> being:
>
> 1. Make the Site Easier To Maintain.
> 2. Allow Others to Contribute/Manage the Updates.
>
> I have offered to perform the work and have done some reviewing of the
> past history of the discussions on this subject.

Hooray!

> Help: (Narrow Options)
>
> * If you know of a scripting engine that is not listed below please reply.
>
> * If you have experience with one listed please comment, seems good/not
> so good and the language used if possible.
>
> * If you have a few minutes please consider randomly selecting one on the
> list to review so that you could let us know if it may be a good solution.

I don't expect very frequent updates, or very many people updating it,
so I think the most important criteria is low barrier to maintain it. It
should be easy for anyone to jump in and submit changes. It's probably
good to pick something that's popular, even if that isn't the best
alternative otherwise, just to make sure the tool is widely available in
distributions that people use and that there are people out there with
experience with it.

I reworked the ODBC driver's website recently. I just did it with plain
HTML files, stored in a git repository. That was very simple. I don't
necessarily recommend you to do it that way, but it works. If you come
up with something better, I'll probably copy that to psqlodbc :-).

(I don't personally have any opinion on which of the static site
generators to use, I haven't used any of them. I'm sure they're all good
enough for our needs)

Pretty much anything is better than the current situation, so +1 to
whatever you decide :-).

- Heikki