Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/24/2013 10:10 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> On 06/24/2013 10:02 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
>> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>>> patch.  The vast majority chose not to respond to my email to them at
>>> all.  When private email fails, the next step is public email.
>>
>> The only problem I have here is that I don't remember about deciding to
>> publish a list of failures by public email at all. I hope it's not my
>> memory failing me here, because then I would have to remember why I
>> didn't speak up against that idea at the time.
>
> You didn't decide anything.  As the CFM, I did.  My job for this month
> is to make sure that 100% of patches in that queue get reviewed and
> either committed or bounced by July 15th.  I'm doing my job.
>
> I will be more than happy to resign as CFM and turn it over to someone
> else if people have a problem with it.

Let's not be hasty :)

I think JoshB is spot on in this. He sent previous private emails, and a
week later opened up the transparency so that everyone understood what
was going on.

What I find unfortunate is people are spending a bunch of time on this
argument which has been clearl thought out by Josh instead of reviewing
patches.

I repeat:

Leave your ego at the door. Josh is doing what could be considered one
of the most thankless (public) jobs in this project. How about we
support him in getting these patches taken care of instead of whining
about the fact that he called us out for not doing our jobs (reviewing
patches) in the first place.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drkae

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc

Сообщение: Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List
Сообщение: Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List