Re: Hardware donation

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Hardware donation
Дата
Re: Hardware donation  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/21/13 1:45 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 06/21/2013 09:48 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> We've got some recently decommissioned servers and Enova is willing to
>> donate 2 of them to the community.
>>
>> There's nothing terribly spectacular about the servers except for
>> memory. We have one 512G server available and the other would be either
>> 192G or 96G. I know that folks already have access to machines with a
>> lot of cores, but I haven't seen reports of large memory machines.
>>
>> CPU details vary but we're only looking at 20ish cores (though AFAIK
>> they're all 4 socket servers if that matters).
>>
>> Local drives are nothing fancy (though some might possibly be SSD).
>
> I'm sure we could use these for the performance test farm.  If we need
> to replace some of the drives, the community has money for that.

We might actually have some spare SSDs floating around; I'm checking. We're also thinking we might be able to get at
leastone of these up to 256G by swapping memory around.

Am I correct that the most valuable thing to the community the large memory size?

Who can be point of contact from the community to arrange shipping, etc?
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net