Re: Hardware donation

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Hardware donation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/21/2013 09:48 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> We've got some recently decommissioned servers and Enova is willing to
> donate 2 of them to the community.
>
> There's nothing terribly spectacular about the servers except for
> memory. We have one 512G server available and the other would be either
> 192G or 96G. I know that folks already have access to machines with a
> lot of cores, but I haven't seen reports of large memory machines.
>
> CPU details vary but we're only looking at 20ish cores (though AFAIK
> they're all 4 socket servers if that matters).
>
> Local drives are nothing fancy (though some might possibly be SSD).

I'm sure we could use these for the performance test farm.  If we need
to replace some of the drives, the community has money for that.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])