Re: ASYNC Privileges proposal

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: ASYNC Privileges proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I had a quick play to see what might be involved [attached], and would like to
>> hear people thoughts; good idea, bad idea, not like that! etc
>
> I question the usefulness of allowing listen/notify to be restricted to
> an entire class of users.  The granularity of this seems too broad,
> though I am not sure if allowing message to be sent to a specific user
> is easily achievable.

Well, if we're going to have privs on LISTEN/NOTIFY at all, they should
be on specific message bands, i.e.:

REVOKE LISTEN ON 'cacheupdates' FROM PUBLIC;
GRANT LISTEN ON 'cacheupdates' TO webuser;
GRANT LISTEN ON ALL TO admin;

I can certainly see wanting this, but it'd be a great deal more
sophisticated than what Chris has proposed.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: A minor correction in comment in heaptuple.c
Сообщение: Re: A minor correction in comment in heaptuple.c