Re: A minor correction in comment in heaptuple.c

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: A minor correction in comment in heaptuple.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 19:19:40 +0200
Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> The NULL refers to the *meaning* of the function (remember, it's
> called slot_attisnull) . Which is to test whether an attribute is
> null. Not to a C NULL.

Actually, the comment is not for the function.  It only describes the
two lines that follow.  In C the string "NULL" is commonly a reference
to C's NULL value.  Anyone reading C code can be excused for assuming
that if it isn't otherwise clear.  How about "Indicate that the
attribute is NULL if out of range..."?

Although, the more I think about it, the more I think that the comment
is both confusing and superfluous.  The code itself is much clearer.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.