Can't increase shared_buffers for PostgreSQL on openSUSE 12.3

От Andreas
Тема Can't increase shared_buffers for PostgreSQL on openSUSE 12.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

I just installed an openSUSE 12.3 64Bit on an i5 box with 32GB RAM.

Then I installed postgresql 9.2.4 from their repository.
The pg service starts with default config.

As default it has only 24 MB shared_buffers.
I need it way higher like 4 or even 8 GB.
As soon I change those 24 MB to something higher, PG won't start anymore.

I had the same issue back with openSUSE 12.1 and it was solved when I
switched from systemd back to sysvinit.

How can I get more memory for PG on openSUSE 12.3 ?

Regards
Andreas