Re: Thinking About Correlated Columns (again)

От eggyknap
Тема Re: Thinking About Correlated Columns (again)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 01:30:57PM -0400, Nikolas Everett wrote:
> The option that always made the most sense to me was having folks ask
> postgres to collect the statistic by running some command that marks two
> columns as correlated.  This could at least be a starting point.

One suggestion made in the past was to calculate these stats (provided someone
comes up with something worthwhile to calculate, that is) for all columns
involved in a multicolumn index. That probably doesn't cover all the places
we'd like the planner to know stuff like this, but it's a reasonable start.

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation

Вложения