Re: Allowing parallel pg_restore from pipe

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Allowing parallel pg_restore from pipe
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/24/2013 03:40 PM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
>> On 04/23/2013 07:53 PM, Timothy Garnett wrote:
>>> Anyways, the question is if people think this is generally useful.  If so
>>> I can clean up the preferred choice a bit and rebase it off of master,
>>> etc.
> I find this idea very useful yes.
>
> Another idea would be to allow for parallel pg_dump output to somehow be
> piped into a parallel pg_restore. I don't know how to solve that at all,
> it just sound something worthy of doing too.

That's not going to work, the output from parallel pg_dump is inherently
multiple streams. That's why it ONLY supports directory format, and not
even custom format on disk, let alone a pipe.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Allowing parallel pg_restore from pipe
Сообщение: Re: Allowing parallel pg_restore from pipe