how to terminate hang up sender process

От Dang Minh Huong
Тема how to terminate hang up sender process
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I'm using PostgreSQL 9.1.7's replication function for my HA project
and getting trouble when terminate the hangup sender process.

My cluster configuration: Node1(MASTER) Node2(STANDBY)

Execution sequence:
---
 step 1.
 execute pg_basebackup on Node2

 step 2.
 While Node2's pg_basebackup is processing (wal sender was
 created in Node1), turn off the Node2 by power off buton.
---

Problem:
---
the sender process in Node1 for base_backup of Node2(SLAVE)
was hanging up (in about 30 minutes).
---

Question:
---
Is there's a solution to terminate that [wal sender] in Node1 but not
restart or kill (-9) the process?
---

I've tried with replication_timeout=60s (default)

best regards,
Huong DM.