Re: Bad copy-n-paste on character conversion fix - how

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bad copy-n-paste on character conversion fix - how
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"C. Bensend" <benny@bennyvision.com> writes:
> So, just to be sure:

> 1)  Start a %(&@#*(&% transaction
> 2)  Set the column to NULL for all rows, undoing my stupidity
> 3)  Issue the CORRECT SQL statement, and that will take care of the
>     character conversion problem
> 4)  COMMIT said transaction after verifying that I'm not doing
>     something stupid _again_

> Is this correct?

Right.

All this thrashing will have bloated pg_proc a bit (like a factor of
three...) so you might want to do a "VACUUM FULL pg_proc" after the dust
has settled.  But that's a bit on the anal-retentive side considering
that pg_proc isn't really all that big.  I offer it up merely for
educational purposes.