Running multiple instances off one set of binaries

От Karl Denninger
Тема Running multiple instances off one set of binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Let's assume I want to run:

1. An instance of the database that is a replicated copy from another sit=
e.

2. A LOCAL instance that contains various things on the local machine
that are not shared.

Let's further assume all are to be 9.2 revs.

Am I correct in that I can do this by simply initdb-ing the second
instance with a different data directory structure, and when starting it
do so with a different data directory structure?

e.g. "initdb -D data"

and

"initdb -D data2"

And that as long as there are no collisions (E.g. port numbers) this
works fine?

--=20
-- Karl Denninger
/The Market Ticker =AE/ <http://market-ticker.org>